From:
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 1994 21:56:16 -0800
            WORKS IN PROGRESS: AN INVITATION TO LIST

     DICKNS-L will keep a file of _WORKS IN PROGRESS_ focusing on
Dickens or involving Dickens in a significant way.  The object is
not only to let Dickensians know what is being done but also to
put researchers in touch with one another.

    We invite subscribers to list their own Work in Progress.
Advisors are invited to list the work of their students.  And you
may also wish to invite friends to announce their topics.  What
is submitted may be at any stage of progress, provided that it be
at a stage of PROGRESS, and not just an unexplored idea.  Works
nearing completion (O frabjous joy!) are of course welcome.

     In order not to clutter your mailbox, we shall hold items
until a list of useful length is compiled.  We plan then to issue
updated lists as they seem desirable.

    For consistency, please submit your WIP in the following
format:

Title or Subject
Author <e-mail and/or regular address>
Short explanation if desired: twenty or thirty words

Example:

Title or Subject: THE DICKENS YOU SAY!
Researcher: Owen Druthers<[log in to unmask]>
            Dept. of English, Flotsam College, Jetsam, Ariz.
            MAIL CODE
Comment:   A study of expressions uniquely Dickensian and their
           provenance in literary and non-literary sources (Work
           in early research stage)

Send your message to [log in to unmask]
    or directly to--

Patrick J. McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
English Department
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA 93106