From:
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 2015 11:21:54 -0700

Sean Grass sends a reminder to Dickensians including members of the
Dickens Society:
------------------------

Please remember that the deadline is approaching to send in an abstract
for the Dickens Society-organized panel at the Nineteenth-Century
Studies Association’s (NCSA) conference in April 2016 in Lincoln, NE.

NCSA is eager to inaugurate this new relationship between the
organizations with a successful panel, as am I! The original CFP follows:

******

Call for Proposals: Dickens Society panel at the Nineteenth-Century
Studies Association (NCSA)

Abstracts due November 1, 2015

Conference April 13-16, 2016 in Lincoln, NE

The Dickens Society is pleased to invite abstracts for a special session
on Charles Dickens at the 2016 NCSA Conference in Lincoln, NE. The theme
for the NCSA meeting is “The New and the Novel in the 19^th Century /
New Directions in 19^th -century Studies.” In other words, it is tailor
made for scholars of Dickens, the self-proclaimed “Inimitable” of
Victorian literature.

We welcome proposals on newness and innovation in Dickens’s fiction and
journalism; on his transformative role as an editor, philanthropist, and
social reformer; on new directions in Dickens studies in our remarkable
age of digital archives, corpus analysis, and distant reading; or on any
other aspect of Dickens’s life and work that suits the broader
conference theme. Please submit 250-word abstracts and 1-page CVs to
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> for consideration. All
proposals will be acknowledged, and accepted presenters will be notified
in December 2015.

/Sean Grass/

/Associate Professor and Associate Chair/

/Department of English/

/Iowa State University/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/GongDonkey

//

/Charles Dickens’s /Our Mutual Friend/: A Publishing History/
(http://www.ashgate.com/isbn/9780754669302)