From:
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 2012 10:42:39 -0800

	Michael Hollington <[log in to unmask]> has rightly
judged that Dickens-ellers, who will be in England this year, will want to
know about the exhibition he writes about.                (pjm)
----
 To: Charles Dickens Forum
<[log in to unmask]> Cc: [log in to unmask]

	  As you can see from the enclosed, I have been asked to
advertise as widely as possible an important exhibition in Britain
this summer at the Watts Gallery in Surrey, which I gladly do. It is
entitled 'Dickens and the Artists' and is curated by Mark Bills whose
contact numbers can be found below. It runs from June 19 till October
28. Dickens List subscribers may well be interested, and are of
course invited to contact Mark and the Gallery for further
information. Yours sincerely, Michael
------

Dear Michael (if I may),

Many thanks for your Email. I am delighted that you are reviewing it
for the Dickensian. I enclose information about the exhibition and a
few of the important loans for the exhibition. Leonee is indeed
involved and there is a book to accompany the exhibition which is to
be published by Yale University Press with essays by Leonee Ormond,
Nick Penny, Pat Hardy, Hilary Underwood and myself. The book, like
the exhibition, has an art historical focus.

We would very much like to get visitors here particularly in this
important Dickens year. With the closure of the Dickens House Museum we
hope very much that visitors wanted to see Dickens exhibitions will visit
us at Watts Gallery. If you can help in getting people to know about the
exhibition I would be enormously grateful.

If I can provide any more information let me know.

With many thanks and best wishes,

Mark

Mark Bills
Curator of Watts Gallery