From:
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2011 18:43:19 -0800

	Yes, the 2012 anniversary celebrations are increasing.  Here
Maria Bachman <[log in to unmask]> is calling for papers for the 2012
Victorian Institute conference:
---
Call for Papers:  Victorians Institute
Charles Dickens: Past, Present, and Future
October 21-22, 2011, Myrtle Beach, SC

To help usher in the global celebration of his bicentenary in 2012, the 41st
annual conference of the Victorians Institute will focus rather broadly on
the life and work of Charles Dickens. We welcome papers that examine
Dickensıs writings and their relevance to us today.  We are particularly
interested in interdisciplinary essays exploring the literary life and
legacy of Dickens in relation to science, economics, psychology, sociology,
philosophy, law, history, aesthetics, and theater and film adaptation.

Topics may include, but are not limited to:

Dickensıs Journalism
Dickens and the Literary Marketplace
Dickens and Mass Culture
Dickensian Friendships
Dickensian Scandals
The Dickens Circle
Catherine Dickens
Dickens and Science
Dickens and Emotion
Reading Dickens
Dickensian Afterlives
Spiritualism and Spirituality in Dickens
Dickensıs Moral Philosophy
Dickens and the Posthuman
Dickens and Travel
Theatrical Dickens
Dickens in America
Dickens and Empire
The Dickens Industry
The Postmodern Dickens
Teaching Dickens

Please send proposals of no more than 500 words and a brief one-paragraph
bio by June 1, 2011 to:  Dr. Maria K. Bachman, Department of English, P.O.
Box 261954, Coastal Carolina University, Conway, South Carolina 29528-6054.
Email: [log in to unmask]