From:
Date:
Sat, 14 Oct 1995 10:01:56 -0700
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 1995 20:05:14 +0000
From: Graham Law <[log in to unmask]>
To: Charles Dickens Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Carlyle and Dickens

Dear Patrick

Greetings from a new list member in Tokyo.

In a hurry I'm trying to get information on Carlyle's influence on Dickens.
I would like to pass on two specific request to members of Dickens-L:

1) Could anyone help me get hold of the *Hard Times* chapters in the
following books neither of which appear to be in major Japanese libraries--
Goldberg, Michael. *Carlyle and Dickens.* Athens, Georgia: University of
Georgia Press, 1972. (pp. 78-99)
Oddie, William. *Dickens and Carlyle: The Question of Influence.* London:
Centenary Press, 1972. (pp. 41-60)

2) Does anyone know of later papers etc on the subject?

Would appreciate any assistance.

Graham Law
Professor in English Studies
School of Law, Waseda University
Nishi-waseda 1-6-1, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 169, Japan