From:
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 1995 10:49:49 -0800
    David Loeb <[log in to unmask]> had asked:

    Are there any chapters (or the full text) of GE on the inter-
net anywhere, suitable for downloading?   I've been working with
my 9th graders doing A Midsummer Night's Dream on disks, and I've had
some real success. I'd love to have them have access to a chapter or two.

There is a www version of GE available from the University of
Virginia.

The URL for one of their big lists of titles is:

http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/modeng.browse.html

Just page down to Dickens.

It looks pretty reliable, since both the Oxford Text Archive and
the University of Virginia Library Electronic Text Center had a hand
in it.

It's based on the Penguin Edition, edited by Angus Calder (1965).

Carolyn Jacobson
Dept. of English
University of Pennsylvania
__

Here's one nice version.

http://www.wonderland.org/Works/Charles-Dickens/christmas-carol/

Linda <[log in to unmask]>

Linda  (Dickens Project, UC Santa Cruz)

Linda adds:  For those folks who have a "web browser" like mosaic
(freeware) or netscape (commercial) I suggest they start learning
what's on the internet by visiting the Yahoo page,
http://akebono.stanford.edu/yahoo/