From:
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 1995 08:51:26 -0700
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 11:47:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: Robert Newsom <[log in to unmask]>
To: Charles Dickens Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Dickens's Library: Inquiry and Partial Response

J. H. Stonehouse in the thirties edited a catalogue of the books in CD's
library at his death published in a fairly limited edition. You'll find
several copies in the UC libraries (and bibliographic information in the
UC on-line catalogue, MELVYL). Volume 4 of the Pilgrim edition of the
letters has as an appendix an inventory of Devonshire Terrace in 1844
that lists CD's books among other property.

        Robert Newsom   Department of English and Comparative Literature
        University of California, Irvine           Irvine, CA 92717-2650
        Phone:(714) 824-6744 ***************** Internet: [log in to unmask]