From:
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 10:42:45 -0700
        John Stoler <[log in to unmask]> was impatient to ring in with his
first impressions of the PBS _DC_:        (pjm)
-------
Although I have only seen the first part of this and am eagerly looking
forward to the second tonight, I urge everyone who has not seen it to rent
it when it comes out on video.  The first part was superb.  The whole cast
was excellent (Ian McKellan was a wonderfully horrible Creakle).  A lot had
to be omitted, mostly Steerforth's role, but nonetheless this was the best
COPPERFIELD yet, based on the first segment.