From:
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 10:08:41 -0700
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 03:34:25 EDT
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: "A low, cheap form of publication."

I am working on *Pickwick Papers* and *Barnaby Rudge*.  In a secondary
source, I have come across the words "a low, cheap form of publication,"
which Dickens is declared to have used to characterise the serialisation of
*Pickwick*.  But no primary source is given, and I have spent fruitless hours
searching the Pilgrim Letters, prefaces, etc.

Can anyone recognise where this comes from, and give me the reference,
please?  Silver star for the bare reference, gold star for complete
bibliographical details.

Waiting thankfully and hopefully.

David Parker