From:
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2016 10:40:56 -0800

     Gina Delfonzo <[log in to unmask]> offers a contextually
reasonable reply to

John D. Huston's query:
     (pjm)

I’ve always liked that line, myself! I think it’s meant to convey that
as scary as the spirit was, it really was benevolent.

Scrooge’s words “your nature intercedes for me, and pities me” show that he senses this is true.

Gina Dalfonzo