From:
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 1994 14:36:31 -0800
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 1994 11:13:18 -0800 (PST)
From: Jennifer Holberg <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask],
     [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
Subject: Call for Members: Victorian Interdisciplinary Studies Association of th

This message is being cross-posted to Victoria, Dicken-L, Trollope-L,
Literary, Sharp-L, and H-Albion.  Please excuse any duplications, but
feel free to forward this message to any other appropriate lists.

Many of you may remember the discussion from last fall on Victoria about
the possibility of forming a new regional organization for Victorian
studies in the western United States.  Encouraged by the snail mail
extend our call for membership electronically.

We envision that the Victorian Interdisciplinary Studies Association of
the Western United States (VISAWUS), like its other regional counterparts,
will be an organization with modest dues that welcomes those who are
intellectually involved with British life and culture between 1837 and
1901.  We anticipate sponsoring a conference as well.

Should you be interested, please send me (Jennifer Holberg,
[log in to unmask]) the following information and we will add you
to the mailing list database for VISAWUS:

Name
Institutional Affiliation (if any)
Snail Mail Address
Email Address

Thank you for your interest.

Sincerely,

Jennifer L. Holberg
University of Washington

The world of books is still the world.
        Elizabeth Barrett Browning, _Aurora Leigh_
Jennifer L. Holberg
Dept. of English
University of Washington