From:
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 07:42:46 -0700
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 95 14:13:07 BST
From: Matty Penny <[log in to unmask]>
To: Charles Dickens Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Recommendations for Reading

Patrick,

> What work on Dickens published in the last decade have you
> thoroughly enjoyed reading and would recommend to a student
> or friend?

I would certainly recommend Claire Tomalin's life of Ellen Ternan,
called something like 'The Invisible Woman'. I enjoyed it both for
the account of the relationship between Dickens and Ternan and for
the vivid picture it paints of the theatre at the time.

Matty

[log in to unmask]       or      [log in to unmask]