From:
Date:
Sat, 25 Apr 2015 11:07:34 -0700

     For some of us to think of *Pickwick Papers* is to recall the
splendid work of Steven Marcus
in *Dickens from Pickwick to Dombey* (1965).  Here, Robert Newsom, who
began his study
of Dickens under Marcus, reminds us of a later essay of Marcus which
here provides him
with an illuminating and pertinent quotation:
         (pjm)