From:
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 2015 11:03:02 -0700

     We have been looking at an early companion to Dickens but have not yet
heard of the one Grahame Smith <[log in to unmask]>
has found among his books:                                    (pjm)
----------

In a desperate attempt to put my books into a reasonable order I find that
I have a copy of the second edition, 1913, of the above*, subtitled 'A
Complete
Dickens Repertory in Dickens' Own Words.'  If it's of any interest I'll
give one
example of the work's method: 'Bagnet, Woolwich--Son of Mr and Mrs
Bagnet-'Young Woolwich is the type and model of a young drummer.'-Bleak
House.'

The compiler was Thomas Alexander Fyfe, a Glasgow judge and author of
*Dickens and the Law.* Has anyone else come across this work?  It appears
to be remarkably comprehensive.

Grahame Smith (Emeritus Stirling)
*Title not Supplied