From:
Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 2016 19:20:37 -0800

     It may well have escaped your notice that in his wide-ranging
announcement about his summer's Dickens
Forum, Professor John Jordan buried an announcement recognizing both the
wide university success of the
U.C. Santa Cruz Dickens Project and the truly remarkable leadership of
the project and whole-hearted
commitment of Professor John Jordan.

The announcement merits a full-length account of what the Project has
accomplished in its annual
week-long "Dickens Universes" at Santa Cruz and participation in Dickens
conferences as far away as
France, Italy, South Africa and Israel. His leadership has expressed
itself at all times of the year,
at every educational level of Dickens involvement, and for the widest
range of Dickens readers, scholars,
students, dramatic performers, critics, biographers, bibliographers, and
whatever Dickens afficionado or
-a who comes to mind.

We do him nothing like the justice he deserves.  Hundreds of people
strongly affected down to those simply amused
or touched by his wide-ranging efforts will applaud the announcement.
Note that John has used a shy, modest font
to tell us the news:         (P. McCarthy)