From:
Date:
Sun, 17 Apr 2011 18:38:29 -0700

	Stephen Jarvis <[log in to unmask]>
---
Hi, everyone,

I am trying to discover what happened to an item auctioned at
Sotheby's on March 25th 1941, as part of the enormous Charles Dickens
Collection owned by William Miller. The particularly valuable items
at this auction were sold as individual lots, but the item
which interests me is a miscellaneous lot, No 30, which is described
in the catalogue as  "a comprehensive collection of books relating to
Dickens...possibly the largest collection of Dickensiana ever offered
for sale."  As the items which constituted this huge lot were of no
particular monetary value,  I wonder whether it was acquired by a
library? Has anyone ever come across the collection?

All the best,

Stephen Jarvis