From:
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 1995 18:26:31 -0700
Fellow students and lovers of Dickens,

        Traffic on DICKNS-L will be interrupted for a week.
I will be joining the hundreds of Dickensians gathering for the
next seven days at Kresge College, UC Santa Cruz, for the
fifteenth of the annual Dickens Universe and scholarly conferences,
and since ours is a mediated list I will be unable to pass on your
messages until I get back here to Santa Barbara.

        It should be a interesting week.  For the first time
two novels will provide the focus of discussion, one of them
not by Dickens: GREAT EXPECTATIONS and JANE EYRE.  The list of
titles for the daily talks has not been released, but judging
by the range and variety of the speakers, there is unlikely
to be little if any reduplication.

        The conference, with the title THE VICTORIAN MIND, will
take place from August 3-6, with the Key Note address being
given at 7:OO P.M.

        I look forward to meeting you there.

Patrick McCarthy