From:
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 2009 12:00:42 -0800
Friends of the Dickens Forum

	We applaud what Margaret Conrow <[log in to unmask]> is doing for her
granddaughter and note that Dickens's contemporaries often had his novels
read to them.  We would guess that the question that arises would came up
when children were listening:				(pjm)
------
	Perhaps not a scholarly question, and perhaps one that has been answered
before--but--

    I am reading my granddaughter (age 15,but a little young for her age)
*David Copperfield*.  Since she has dyslexia, the prose is too difficult
for her to read and enjoy on her own....

    She loved the book after a few chapters, and the question is--what
breed of dog is Jip?

Margaret Conrow