From:
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2011 10:32:41 -0800

	Grahame Smith <[log in to unmask]> identifies the speaker
who impressed him and sticks by what he heard:			(pjm)
-----
I stick to my view that what we heard at the Cleveland Conference from Gary
Colledge, a scholar who has now published his views in 'Dickens, Christianity
and The Life of our Lord' (Continuum 2009) is that Dickens's work is not a book
'for kids' with the pejoratives that seems to imply but something meticulously
worked by Dickens to the highest standards, allowing for what would be
accessible to young people.

Grahame Smith (Emeritus Stirling)