From:
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 2015 18:02:19 -0700

The thread begun by  Michael Allen (see below) has mutated somewhat so
that the bicycling
aspect has been changed and the notion of a Pickwick Club introduced.
Robert Davis
<[log in to unmask]> makes his claim for the Dorchester
Pickwick Club, founded in
1855:                                                     (pjm)