From:
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 1995 10:23:54 -0700
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 1995 13:32:53 -0700
From: Jack Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
To: Charles Dickens Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Recommended Readings in Dickens for New Subscriber

I wonder if I could add to William Claspy's query by asking for worthy
texts-- critical, scholarly, historical, etc.--specifically for a general
reader (not me) of _A Tale of Two Cities_.  I would echo Jon Varese on the
Johnson biography, which I presume is still the authoritative one.   Many
thanks.  Jack Kolb.