Friends of the Dickens Forum,

Sean Grass sends a reminder to Dickensians including members of the Dickens Society:
------------------------

Please remember that the deadline is approaching to send in an abstract for the Dickens Society-organized panel at the Nineteenth-Century Studies Association’s (NCSA) conference in April 2016 in Lincoln, NE.

NCSA is eager to inaugurate this new relationship between the organizations with a successful panel, as am I! The original CFP follows:

******

Call for Proposals: Dickens Society panel at the Nineteenth-Century Studies Association (NCSA)

Abstracts due November 1, 2015

Conference April 13-16, 2016 in Lincoln, NE

The Dickens Society is pleased to invite abstracts for a special session on Charles Dickens at the 2016 NCSA Conference in Lincoln, NE. The theme for the NCSA meeting is “The New and the Novel in the 19th Century / New Directions in 19th-century Studies.” In other words, it is tailor made for scholars of Dickens, the self-proclaimed “Inimitable” of Victorian literature.

We welcome proposals on newness and innovation in Dickens’s fiction and journalism; on his transformative role as an editor, philanthropist, and social reformer; on new directions in Dickens studies in our remarkable age of digital archives, corpus analysis, and distant reading; or on any other aspect of Dickens’s life and work that suits the broader conference theme. Please submit 250-word abstracts and 1-page CVs to [log in to unmask] for consideration. All proposals will be acknowledged, and accepted presenters will be notified in December 2015.

Sean Grass

Associate Professor and Associate Chair

Department of English

Iowa State University

Twitter: https://twitter.com/GongDonkey

Charles Dickens’s Our Mutual Friend: A Publishing History (http://www.ashgate.com/isbn/9780754669302)

To unsubscribe from the DS-MEMBERS list, click the following link:
https://listserv.uml.edu/cgi-bin/wa.exe?SUBED1=DS-MEMBERS&A=1