Friends of the Dickens Forum,

    Apart from our Dickens books for the nones, we thank the estimable Herb Philly for finding and
sending on these still fresh and spiritedly optimistic words of the Inimitable:            (pjm)
Reflect upon your blessings, of which every man has many, not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some. Fill your glass again, with a merry face and contented heart. Our life on it, but your Christmas shall be merry and your New Year a happy one!

So may the New year be a happy one to you, happy to many more whose happiness depends on you! So may each year be happier than the last, and not the meanest of our brethren or sisterhood debarred their rightful share in what our Creator formed for them to enjoy.
-- Charles Dickens