The wonderful literary critic Jonathan Bate, best known as a Shakespearean, is writing a book on six favorite authors, including Nabokov, and wants to link each of them to their love of Shakespeare, and especially by their own personal copy of Shakespeare. Nabokov had a cheap one-volume edition, and a Folger edition of Hamlet, but I also saw a three or four-volume edition whose size was, I think, sextodecimo (twice the size of Kinbote's 32mo Timon Afinsken) in vermilion soft leather in an exhibition at the Montreux Palace in 1999. Does anybody know any details of this edition (which first Nabokov and then Véra seems to have kept in their rooms rather than in the rest of their disorganized library in Montreux) or its present whereabouts?

Brian Boyd​

nab-l banner

Google Search
the archive
[log in to unmask],[log in to unmask]">Contact
[log in to unmask]"> the Editors
NOJ
___

Zembla
Nabokov Studies (Journal)
Policies
___
Chercheurs Enchantés (French VN Society)
AdaOnline
___
Dieter Zimmer's Site
NSJ Ada Annotations L-Soft Search the archive VN Bibliography Blog

All private editorial communications are read by both co-editors.